Monday, March 9, 2009

OBSCURE MOTOWN FUNK

This may not be that obscure,but I didn't miss much back in the days. I missed this one. A few years ago I was hunting for vinyl and I came across this lp on the Motown label by a group called Ozone. I already had one of thier previous lps,and nothing stood out as great on it (I'll have to go back and listen now). But this one called "Send It" had Teena Marie as a producer on one whole side of the album. I copped it for 3 dollars. Good funk on here. The gem is Gigolette. It starts with Teena Marie's trademark weeeeeeeeee that she did on the begining of "Square Biz". It's a ride from there on out,with Teena doing ad libs and backgrounds throughout - especially at the end. Heavy on the bass - it puts me in the mind of a Dazz Band , Aurra or Slave track.....well maybe not as dope as Slave , but the bass is funky. peep below...


No comments:

Post a Comment